Thursday, May 23, 2013

Update: Want, Need, Wear, Read

{OK, I found this in my "drafts" section, and realized I never had the chance to finish and post it! Wow, it's only been five months since Christmas...
 
Anyway, since I promised I'd post a follow-up about our "Want, Need, Wear, Read" Christmas gifts, here's it is!}
 
 
It's almost Christmas, and the presents have been purchased and placed beneath the tree! We have been to visit Santa (Ibes calls him "Shee"), baked gingerbread cookies, learned about the Nativity, and are ready for Christmas to arrive.

I wanted to update you with our choices for Ibes' gifts this year, since I shared that we were going to follow the "Want, Need, Wear, Read" theme. We were able to stick pretty close to the plan, but I had trouble limiting our choices, so there are five gifts for Ibes.

Something You Want

Here's where the extra gift ended up. We first chose the Fisher Price Medical Kit, since Ibes loves playing with the one at the church nursery.

Then, about a week ago, I came across this little Dyson vacuum that actually works. Ibes has had a love-hate relationship with our vacuum, and isn't entirely comfortable with it yet. He LOVES pushing things around the house, whether it's his little John Deere tractor or a laundry basket, so we thought that he would love a little vacuum to push around.




Something You Need

This is a tricky one to buy for a one-year-old. I decided to make him this gift, and sewed a little blanket for him with John Deere fleece. It's the perfect size for taking with him in the car or snuggling with on the couch. Every little boy needs a snuggly blanket.




Something You Wear

I found an Etsy shop (knitonecrochettwo) that makes custom hats, and when I saw her owl hat, I was smitten. I knew my little owl fan would adore this. And he did! He wore it all Winter, and rarely tried to take it off.



 
 
 
 
Something You Read
 
We have an embarrassing amount of books, and I've realized that the library is a wonderful alternative to buying new books each month. But we gave Ibes some for his permanent collection, including this lift-the-flap selection.
 
 
 
Christmas was so much fun this year. Ibes was able to enjoy opening his gifts, and we had the joy of watching a child find his presents under the tree on Christmas morning. Unfortunately, we also had the joy of norovirus. Poor Ibes was sick for a week and a half over Christmas, so that put a little bit of a damper on festivities.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment