Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Time for a new carseat

Ibes has been using his Chicco KeyFit 30 carseat since birth. It's a rear-facing infant seat that's approved for babies weighing 30 pounds or less. I assumed that we'd use this seat until he hit the 30 pound mark, but when you have a tall, thin baby, that's not practical. He's almost too long for the seat!



When babies hit 20 pounds and one year old, they can be moved into a front-facing carseat. We decided to make the upgrade now, instead of holding off the switch for as long as possible.

After researching different brands and models, I knew I wanted to invest in a Britax. They're built like tanks and incredibly safe. They have integrated steel bars, honeycomb insulation that explodes like airbags in case of an accident, and lots of head support. 

L: Chicco KeyFit 30; R: Britax Boulevard 70 CS
We chose the Boulevard 70 CS model in Onyx:



I had to watch several videos and read the instruction manual thoroughly to figure out installation. But once I made sense of the straps and locks, installation was pretty straightforward.

I let Ibes sit in the seat for a minute, and he seemed to like it. I can't wait to go for a car ride and watch him take in his new view!


We did also get some new shoes, since he's starting to take steps. Aren't they adorable?! The little crab shells are touch-and-feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment