Monday, February 20, 2012

Storytime


Reading You're My Little Lovebug

Some of my earliest memories are of sitting on my Mom or Dad's lap, reading Sesame Street books. I loved reading time, and was reading on my own by age 3. It's always been important to me to cultivate that love for books in my children, and I love the bonding that takes place during storytime.

I order new books for Ibes every few weeks, because he loves when we read to him and I get tired of reading the same book over and over again! Here are some of his current favorites:

Touch and Feel Farm, Fuzzy Bee and Friends, Touch and Feel Town, In My Patch, In My Den, Doggies, A Book of Sleep, Pat the Bunny, Playtime



In My Den - the little bear cub is a finger puppet! He builds his den and hibernates with his family.



A Book of Sleep - beautifully illustrated book that shows how different animals sleep through the night.

I love when Ibes crawls over to his book basket and drags one over to me to read. He is really drawn to the DK books with baby faces in them and You're My Little Love Bug, which plays music as we read.



The laundry can wait





Sometimes you have to tape over those speakers!



He loves turning the pages

We just got some new books today - can't wait to share them with Ibes!

What are your favorite books for little ones?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! That first picture of him relaxing and enjoying a good book is great. We like the Usborne touchy-feely "That's not my..." books so far. Short and sweet for Owen's limited attention span, with lots of fun textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, love this. Good job cultivating a love of reading in him, mama.

    Sam enjoys Dr. Suess's ABCs among others. Even though it's a longer book, it has a good rhythm and lots of bright colors. My sister-in-law got it for us because it was the first book her son really enjoyed.

    Also, what's your secret for all these great pictures of you and Ibes together? Do you have Ben take them or do you use a tripod? I have a lot more pictures of Jeff and Sam than me and Sam since I'm the photographer in the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! Honestly, all these photos are iPhone pics! The camera on the 4S is really nice.

      Delete